Monday, April 8, 2013

Music


The 2013 Pioneer Music Committee would like all who are going on trek to be familiar with the following music:

 

  • 2013 Pioneer Trek Theme Song
  • Adapted lyrics to “A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief”
  • “As Sisters in Zion” and “We’ll Bring the World His Truth” medley

                        Women:

                        As sisters in Zion we’ll all work together;

                        The blessings of God on our labors we’ll seek

                        We’ll build up his kingdom with earnest endeavor;

                        We’ll comfort the weary and strengthen the weak.

 

                        We are daugh-ters of our Heavenly Father

                        Who love us and we love him. Yes, we love him.

 

                        Men:

                        1st verse and chorus of “Armies of Heleman”

 

Hymns

·         “Come, Come Ye Saints”                              

·         “Put Your Shoulder to the Wheel”

·         “Called to Serve” – 2 verses

·         “Because I Have Been Given Much”

·         “Praise to the Man” 1st verse and chorus

·         America the Beautiful” – 2 verses

·         “My Country ‘Tis of Thee” – 2 verses

·         “The Spirit of God”

·         “We Thank Thee Oh God for a Prophet”

·         “I Need Thee Every Hour”

·         “I know That My Redeemer Lives”

·         “As I Have Loved You”

·         “I Am a Child of God”

·         “Ye Elders of Israel

           

           

From the Children’s Song Book

  • “The Handcart Song”
  • “Pioneer Children”
  • “I Belong to the Church of Jesus Christ
  • “Love is Spoken Here”
  • “I Feel My Savior’s Love” – all verses
  • “Keep the Commandments”
  • “I Love to See the Temple
  • “Thanks to Our Father”

No comments:

Post a Comment